Police should question those who know about scam: Kunal Ghosh
Kolkata: MP Kunal Ghosh was on Friday grilled for the eighth time by the police in the Saradha scam with the dissident Trinamool Congress leader claiming that he had no knowledge about the chitfund fraud.
"I am being interrogated regularly, but the fact is I don`t know anything about the scam. The police should question those who know about the scam," Ghosh, who has been suspended from the TMC, told reporters at the Biddhanagar Police Commissionerate.
Ghosh, who was the CEO of the Saradha media group, had earlier threatened to disclose names if he was arrested in the scam and demanded an inquiry by his party saying he had much to tell the leadership.
Recently, Somnath Dutta, a senior executive of Saradha media and a close aide of Ghosh, was remanded in police custody for seven days in connection with the case.
The Saradha scam, in which lakhs of investors were duped, came to light in April after which group chairman Sudipta Sen was arrested along with two top company officials from Sonmarg in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez