Prayer held for Osama in Kolkata mosque
Kolkata: A special Friday prayer for the "peace" of Osama bin Laden`s soul was held on Friday at the Tipu Sultan mosque here.
The prayer was presided over by the Shahi Imam of Tipu Sultan mosque, Maulana Barkati.
"Osama was a terrorist and this was the end he deserved," said Aziz Mubarki, media adviser of the Shahi Imam.
"But what we are trying to say is that he deserved at least proper last rites according to Muslim rituals. That`s why we decided to do a special prayer for him so that his soul rests in peace," said Mubarki.
Osama was shot dead by US commandos who stormed his hideout in Abbottabad city May 2. Later, the slain Al Qaeda leader was buried at sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice