Prayer held for Osama in Kolkata mosque
Kolkata: A special Friday prayer for the "peace" of Osama bin Laden`s soul was held on Friday at the Tipu Sultan mosque here.
The prayer was presided over by the Shahi Imam of Tipu Sultan mosque, Maulana Barkati.
"Osama was a terrorist and this was the end he deserved," said Aziz Mubarki, media adviser of the Shahi Imam.
"But what we are trying to say is that he deserved at least proper last rites according to Muslim rituals. That`s why we decided to do a special prayer for him so that his soul rests in peace," said Mubarki.
Osama was shot dead by US commandos who stormed his hideout in Abbottabad city May 2. Later, the slain Al Qaeda leader was buried at sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman