Prayer held for Osama in Kolkata mosque
Kolkata: A special Friday prayer for the "peace" of Osama bin Laden`s soul was held on Friday at the Tipu Sultan mosque here.
The prayer was presided over by the Shahi Imam of Tipu Sultan mosque, Maulana Barkati.
"Osama was a terrorist and this was the end he deserved," said Aziz Mubarki, media adviser of the Shahi Imam.
"But what we are trying to say is that he deserved at least proper last rites according to Muslim rituals. That`s why we decided to do a special prayer for him so that his soul rests in peace," said Mubarki.
Osama was shot dead by US commandos who stormed his hideout in Abbottabad city May 2. Later, the slain Al Qaeda leader was buried at sea.
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?