Prayer held for Osama in Kolkata mosque
Kolkata: A special Friday prayer for the "peace" of Osama bin Laden`s soul was held on Friday at the Tipu Sultan mosque here.
The prayer was presided over by the Shahi Imam of Tipu Sultan mosque, Maulana Barkati.
"Osama was a terrorist and this was the end he deserved," said Aziz Mubarki, media adviser of the Shahi Imam.
"But what we are trying to say is that he deserved at least proper last rites according to Muslim rituals. That`s why we decided to do a special prayer for him so that his soul rests in peace," said Mubarki.
Osama was shot dead by US commandos who stormed his hideout in Abbottabad city May 2. Later, the slain Al Qaeda leader was buried at sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch