Prayer held for Osama in Kolkata mosque
Kolkata: A special Friday prayer for the "peace" of Osama bin Laden`s soul was held on Friday at the Tipu Sultan mosque here.
The prayer was presided over by the Shahi Imam of Tipu Sultan mosque, Maulana Barkati.
"Osama was a terrorist and this was the end he deserved," said Aziz Mubarki, media adviser of the Shahi Imam.
"But what we are trying to say is that he deserved at least proper last rites according to Muslim rituals. That`s why we decided to do a special prayer for him so that his soul rests in peace," said Mubarki.
Osama was shot dead by US commandos who stormed his hideout in Abbottabad city May 2. Later, the slain Al Qaeda leader was buried at sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days