Presidency University vandalism: I’ve been framed, says TMC councillor
Kolkata: A Trinamool Congress Councillor, who is one of the accused in the vandalism at the Presidency University, on Thursday denied he was involved in any violent incident and alleged that he had been framed by the CPI(M).
"I have been framed by the CPI(M) as it wants to divert attention from the attack on Mamata Banerjee and Amit Mitra in New Delhi. I am not at all involved in any violent incident," TMC councillor Pratha Basu said.
Basu along with a TMCP leader yesterday surrendered before a court after a case was filed against him and a few others for allegedly ransacking the century-old Baker Lab of the prestigious university.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter