Presidency University vandalism: I’ve been framed, says TMC councillor
Kolkata: A Trinamool Congress Councillor, who is one of the accused in the vandalism at the Presidency University, on Thursday denied he was involved in any violent incident and alleged that he had been framed by the CPI(M).
"I have been framed by the CPI(M) as it wants to divert attention from the attack on Mamata Banerjee and Amit Mitra in New Delhi. I am not at all involved in any violent incident," TMC councillor Pratha Basu said.
Basu along with a TMCP leader yesterday surrendered before a court after a case was filed against him and a few others for allegedly ransacking the century-old Baker Lab of the prestigious university.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?