Protest if attacked: TMC leader to principals
Kolkata: Totally disapproving recurring incidents of assault on college principals in West Bengal, Trinamool Congress leader Saugata Roy on Saturday urged them to launch a satyagraha before their institutions as a mark of protest.
"If necessary, you should launch satyagraha in front of your respective institutions, to protest attacks on you," the Trinamool Congess leader said in total disapproval of the recent assaults on college principals and teachers in different parts of the state, in which mostly his party-affiliated student union members were involved.
"It is highly condemnable and a matter of serious concern," Roy, a retired professor of physics, told a TV channel during a discussion.
Roy, who recently resigned as union minister of state for urban development, said that assault on teachers and professors, be it at Rampurhat or Raiganj, "makes me sick. Such incidents are not linked to politics."
The Trinamool leader hoped that the state government would provide security as it was part of the government`s responsibility to protect them from attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- NIA reveals why ISIS bigger threat to India than Pakistani terrorists - Read details
- How to prevent obesity, eating disorders in teenagers
- Flood situation in Bihar under control: CM Nitish Kumar
- Teenaged Dalit girl gang-raped in UP's Aligarh
- Stem Cell treatment is effective in recovery of spinal injuries