Protest if attacked: TMC leader to principals
Kolkata: Totally disapproving recurring incidents of assault on college principals in West Bengal, Trinamool Congress leader Saugata Roy on Saturday urged them to launch a satyagraha before their institutions as a mark of protest.
"If necessary, you should launch satyagraha in front of your respective institutions, to protest attacks on you," the Trinamool Congess leader said in total disapproval of the recent assaults on college principals and teachers in different parts of the state, in which mostly his party-affiliated student union members were involved.
"It is highly condemnable and a matter of serious concern," Roy, a retired professor of physics, told a TV channel during a discussion.
Roy, who recently resigned as union minister of state for urban development, said that assault on teachers and professors, be it at Rampurhat or Raiganj, "makes me sick. Such incidents are not linked to politics."
The Trinamool leader hoped that the state government would provide security as it was part of the government`s responsibility to protect them from attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Leaked Scorpene papers won't affect stealth aspect: Indian Navy
- Powerful 6.8 magnitude quake damages Myanmar`s famed Bagan temples: Police
- Hyundai Elantra 2016: Enjoy 360 Experience drive with Shah Rukh Khan
- Police Scotland make hijab part of official uniform
- Bastian Schweinsteiger not giving up on Manchester United