Protest if attacked: TMC leader to principals
Kolkata: Totally disapproving recurring incidents of assault on college principals in West Bengal, Trinamool Congress leader Saugata Roy on Saturday urged them to launch a satyagraha before their institutions as a mark of protest.
"If necessary, you should launch satyagraha in front of your respective institutions, to protest attacks on you," the Trinamool Congess leader said in total disapproval of the recent assaults on college principals and teachers in different parts of the state, in which mostly his party-affiliated student union members were involved.
"It is highly condemnable and a matter of serious concern," Roy, a retired professor of physics, told a TV channel during a discussion.
Roy, who recently resigned as union minister of state for urban development, said that assault on teachers and professors, be it at Rampurhat or Raiganj, "makes me sick. Such incidents are not linked to politics."
The Trinamool leader hoped that the state government would provide security as it was part of the government`s responsibility to protect them from attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail