Rocket launcher seized from Maoist leader`s flat
Kolkata: In a major haul, Kolkata Police`s Special Task Force on Sunday seized rocket launcher manufacturing equipment, Rs 36 lakh in cash and documents from the flat of an arrested Maoist leader in North 24-Parganas district.
The STF conducted a raid in the flat of arrested Maoist leader, Ramkrishna, alias RK, at Ayodhyanagar in Birati, based on information given by him during interrogation. Maoist literature and some documents were also recovered from his flat.
Ramkrishna stayed in the flat under a false name before his arrest, STF sources said. He himself and another arrested Maoist leader accompanied the sleuths during the raid, they said.
Ramkrishna, Maoist Central Technical Committee member, and four other key members of the CPI (Maoist) were arrested by the elite anti-Naxal force Greyhounds of Andhra Pradesh and the STF in a joint operation that stretched on February 29 and March 1.
The operation was the first since the killing of CPI (Maoist) politburo member Kishenji by the Joint Forces in Jangalmahal, four months ago.
Police said Ramakrishna from Andhra Pradesh, the possible successor to Kishenji, was, along with Dipak Kumar from Chhattisgarh, tasked with restructuring the organisation`s
Three of the arrested Maoists - Sukumar Mondal, Bapi Mudi and Sambhu Pal - are from West Bengal. On March 1, the arrested five were produced before the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate`s court which remanded them to police custody till March 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video