Sainbari judicial commission a conspiracy: CPI(M)
Kolkata: The CPI(M) on Thursday termed as conspiracy the Trinamool Congress-led West Bengal government`s move to set up a judicial commission to probe the Sainbari murder case of 1970.
The CPI(M) said in a statement that the TC-Congress government`s move to probe an incident in which three Congress supporters were killed 41 years back, was unethical, unconstitutional and undemocratic.
It is an attempt to vilify the party, it said.
"We are astonished that on the basis of articles in some anti-Left media, the government has decided to set up the commission on an unfortunate incident in which three persons were killed in Burdwan town on March 17, 1970 during a bandh called by the Left parties which resulted from an attack on a rally in its support," the statement said.
In 1977, when the CPI(M)-led Left Front government came to power, it decided to release all political prisoners and as per this decision, as per the rule of the land and order of a court, the case was decided, the statement claimed.
It also said there had been no appeal against this decision in any court till now and claimed that it was only to malign a section of the CPI(M) leadership that a commission was being set up.
A day after the United Front government in the state was dismissed by the Centre in March 1970, siblings Pranab Sain and Moloy Sain, both Congress workers, and Jiten Roy, a tutor at their residence, were beaten to death by a mob.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM