Sanskriti Express to enter Bangladesh on Aug 6
New Delhi: Sanskriti Express, the special
exhibition train launched to commemorate the 150th birth
anniversary of Nobel Laureate Rabindranath Tagore, will also
travel to Bangladesh apart from various Indian cities.
The train, showcasing the life and works of Tagore, will
travel to different towns of Bangladesh in August, a senior
Railway Ministry official said.
The train which began its pan-India journey on May 9,
will enter Bangladesh on August 6. Currently it is on its way
to Gaya from Dhanbad, he said.
During its fortnight journey in Bangladesh, it will
travel to important cities connected through broad gauge line
including capital Dhaka.
Tagore is the only poet in the world whose poems have
been adopted as National Anthems by two countries ? `Amar
Sonar Bangla` in Bangladesh and `Jana Gana Mana` in India.
Comprising of five coaches, with each one bringing alive
Tagore`s works in the field of dance, music, literature and
art, the train will cover more than 40 stations during its
The special train, flagged off by Railway Minister Mamata
Banerjee from Howrah, will return from Dhaka on August 23.
"The train would halt at the stations for a few days
giving the young and old a chance to know about the rich
legacy left by Tagore for generations to come," the official
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!