Security forces combing encounter area in West Midnapore
Midnapore (WB): Security forces were
combing the Arabari reserve forest in West Midnapore today
where a dozen Maoists were killed in an encounter to flush out
ultras who might be hiding there.
The CRPF, BSF, State Armed Police and CoBRA personnel
were combing the forest with anti-landmine devices since early
this morning, police sources said.
"We suspect some Maoists might be hiding in the forest
after yesterday`s encounter," the sources said.
The police, meanwhile, recovered the bullet-riddled
body of a CPI(M) deserter Niranjan Mahato from Pirjakali near
Salboni late last night.
"We suspect the hand of Maoists in Mahato`s killing,"
the sources said.
Twelve Maoists were killed in an encounter with
security forces in the area yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends