Senior Congress leader gets death threat
Kolkata: Senior Congress leader Virendra
Kataria on Saturday said he had received a death threat over phone
after he created a ruckus at a party meet by saying that
former PCC chief P R Dasmunshi was "not in our midst".
"I received a telephone call last night saying I will not
return alive from this place (Kolkata). I have given the phone
number to the WBPCC president Manas Bhunia," Kataria, the
Returning Officer for WBPCC organisational polls, told a news agency over phone before leaving for Delhi.
He did not say who could be behind the phone call but felt
it was done by some frustrated people in the state Congress.
Bhunia later told reporters that the matter was being
enquired at the party level. "This is an internal matter of
the party," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India