Senior Congress leader gets death threat
Kolkata: Senior Congress leader Virendra
Kataria on Saturday said he had received a death threat over phone
after he created a ruckus at a party meet by saying that
former PCC chief P R Dasmunshi was "not in our midst".
"I received a telephone call last night saying I will not
return alive from this place (Kolkata). I have given the phone
number to the WBPCC president Manas Bhunia," Kataria, the
Returning Officer for WBPCC organisational polls, told a news agency over phone before leaving for Delhi.
He did not say who could be behind the phone call but felt
it was done by some frustrated people in the state Congress.
Bhunia later told reporters that the matter was being
enquired at the party level. "This is an internal matter of
the party," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Britain's EU commissioner steps down after Brexit vote
- Find out which day of the week is dedicated to which Lord!
- Angelique Kerber eyes double delight, aims German Wimbledon & Euros triumph
- Banned Pakistan spin-bowler Danish Kaneria returns home from India
- Seven companies in race to manage EPFO's equity investments in FY17