Siliguri police commissioner removed
Siliguri: In a reshuffle after the April 10 clash between CPI(M) and Trinamool Congress activists here, the West Bengal government on Friday removed the city police commissioner.
Official sources said Anand Kumar, the chief of Siliguri Police Commissionerate, was shifted as DIG, Training of West Bengal police.
K Jayaraman, DIG anti-corruption branch, has been appointed the new Siliguri Police Commissioner, sources said.
A clash between the two parties took place after bottles filled with liquid were allegedly thrown from CPI(M) party office when a procession of Trinamool workers passed by it.
The procession was taken out to protest the attack on Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and Finance Minister Amit Mitra by activists of CPI-M affiliated SFI in New Delhi the previous day.
Ashok Bhattacharya, CPI(M) state committee member and former minister, and Jibesh Sarkar, CPI(M) Darjeeling district secretary, were present at the party office during the incident and were arrested along with 49 others and later released on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter