Stop misuse of central forces: Congress to WB govt
Kolkata: Describing the law and order
situation in West Bengal as "bad" Congress on Friday asked the
state government to stop misuse of central forces.
"During the UPA-I and UPA-II governments, enough
central forces were provided to the state government to combat
the Maoist menace. But the ruling party here was misusing them
to serve its political interests," AICC Secretary Shakeel
Ansari told a press conference here.
Ansari said the state government had failed to
provide security to the common man.
He also said the Congress and the Trinamool Congress
would fight the coming Assembly elections in Bengal jointly.
"Already there is an alliance (between Congress and
Trinamool Congress). And there will be an alliance for the
Assembly elections too. The process is going on," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read