Stop misuse of central forces: Congress to WB govt
Kolkata: Describing the law and order
situation in West Bengal as "bad" Congress on Friday asked the
state government to stop misuse of central forces.
"During the UPA-I and UPA-II governments, enough
central forces were provided to the state government to combat
the Maoist menace. But the ruling party here was misusing them
to serve its political interests," AICC Secretary Shakeel
Ansari told a press conference here.
Ansari said the state government had failed to
provide security to the common man.
He also said the Congress and the Trinamool Congress
would fight the coming Assembly elections in Bengal jointly.
"Already there is an alliance (between Congress and
Trinamool Congress). And there will be an alliance for the
Assembly elections too. The process is going on," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?