Strike: WB secretariat records 65% attendance
Kolkata: Attendance at the West Bengal
state secretariat, Writers` Buildings, was at an `unusual` 65per cent during the 24-hour nationwide strike called by 11
central trade unions today.
The 65 percent attendance was unusual compared to the
low figures during shutdowns in the past, secretariat sources
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee went around the
secretariat to see for herself attendance in various
Of the 6,000 employees at the state secretariat, 600
had stayed the night, while others arrived in the morning and
some were still doing so by various modes of transport,
secretariat sources said.
Food and other arrangements for employees who stayed
overnight were made according to instructions by Chief
Secretary Samar Ghosh.
Attendance at Writers` Buildings is usually taken as a
yardstick of employee turnout during any strike or bandh in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir