Suchitra Mahato hospitalised for surgery
Kolkata: Slain Kishenji`s close aide
Suchitra Mahato, who surrendered to the authorities, has been
admitted to a private nursing home for surgery for bullet
Preliminary steps for the operation were underway and
the surgery was likely in a day or two, a state police
department release said here today.
"She has a bullet injury on her body and has been
advised a surgical operation," the release said.
It said it was being done with the full consent of the
Maoist woman leader, who had escaped with bullet injuries
after Kishenji was killed on November 25 last year at Burisole
jungle in West Midnapore district.
The police release said that the state government
wished speedy recovery to Mahato who has been admitted under
the care of Dr Subrata Maitra.
The chief minister had said that Mahato, who
surrendered yesterday, had received injuries in her waist and
would require treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?