Suchitra Mahato hospitalised for surgery
Kolkata: Slain Kishenji`s close aide
Suchitra Mahato, who surrendered to the authorities, has been
admitted to a private nursing home for surgery for bullet
Preliminary steps for the operation were underway and
the surgery was likely in a day or two, a state police
department release said here today.
"She has a bullet injury on her body and has been
advised a surgical operation," the release said.
It said it was being done with the full consent of the
Maoist woman leader, who had escaped with bullet injuries
after Kishenji was killed on November 25 last year at Burisole
jungle in West Midnapore district.
The police release said that the state government
wished speedy recovery to Mahato who has been admitted under
the care of Dr Subrata Maitra.
The chief minister had said that Mahato, who
surrendered yesterday, had received injuries in her waist and
would require treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family