Suchitra Mahato hospitalised for surgery
Kolkata: Slain Kishenji`s close aide
Suchitra Mahato, who surrendered to the authorities, has been
admitted to a private nursing home for surgery for bullet
Preliminary steps for the operation were underway and
the surgery was likely in a day or two, a state police
department release said here today.
"She has a bullet injury on her body and has been
advised a surgical operation," the release said.
It said it was being done with the full consent of the
Maoist woman leader, who had escaped with bullet injuries
after Kishenji was killed on November 25 last year at Burisole
jungle in West Midnapore district.
The police release said that the state government
wished speedy recovery to Mahato who has been admitted under
the care of Dr Subrata Maitra.
The chief minister had said that Mahato, who
surrendered yesterday, had received injuries in her waist and
would require treatment.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Chopper deal: No evidence to link politicians with AgustaWestland bribes, says Italian judge who delivered verdict
- Check out pic: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's “Star Wars” meeting!
- AgustaWestland deal: Congress says govt trying to vilify its leaders
- Arvind Kejriwal admits for first time, odd-even not a long-term remedy
- European Central Bank scraps 500-euro note