Terrorism has no religion: Forward Bloc
Kolkata: Terming that the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru as a correct message to terrorist organisations, the All India Forward Bloc on Saturday said terrorists did not belong to any religion or caste.
"This punishment will serve as a right message to terrorists organisations," AIFB General Secretary Debabrata Biswas said on the sidelines of the 17th state conference of the party.
"Nobody should try to mix religion with terrorism. A terrorist doesn`t belong to any religion, caste or creed," Biswas said recalling that the hanging was due for a long time and the entire process had gone through the judicial system before going to the President.
Asked about the delay in the execution, Biswas said, "Many people are saying that there has been a delay in execution.
"In our judicial system everybody has a right to present their case. The law has taken its own course, justice has been done," he said.
Condemning BJP leader Sushma Swaraj`s comment of bringing `ten heads from Pakistan`, Biswas called for better relations with the neighbour and Bangladesh.
"The comment that bring ten heads shows their mentality. It is unacceptable from a leader like Sushma Swaraj. India should maintain good relations with Pakistan and Bangladesh. If Pakistan and Bangladesh are in trouble then it will impact the interests of India also," he said.
Biswas said he did not see any political gameplan on the part of the Congress in the hanging of Guru.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Sister aka stylist Rhea Kapoor speaks about Sonam's fashion secrets
- Overhaul Indian sports bodies and de-link from Political patronage to overcome Rio fiasco: CPI-M
- Fawad Khan has short yet pivotal role in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil': Karan Johar
- Looks like it takes a lot of men to doll up Sunny Leone- See pic
- Lemon: An ideal ingredient for your glowing skin, good health