Terrorism has no religion: Forward Bloc
Kolkata: Terming that the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru as a correct message to terrorist organisations, the All India Forward Bloc on Saturday said terrorists did not belong to any religion or caste.
"This punishment will serve as a right message to terrorists organisations," AIFB General Secretary Debabrata Biswas said on the sidelines of the 17th state conference of the party.
"Nobody should try to mix religion with terrorism. A terrorist doesn`t belong to any religion, caste or creed," Biswas said recalling that the hanging was due for a long time and the entire process had gone through the judicial system before going to the President.
Asked about the delay in the execution, Biswas said, "Many people are saying that there has been a delay in execution.
"In our judicial system everybody has a right to present their case. The law has taken its own course, justice has been done," he said.
Condemning BJP leader Sushma Swaraj`s comment of bringing `ten heads from Pakistan`, Biswas called for better relations with the neighbour and Bangladesh.
"The comment that bring ten heads shows their mentality. It is unacceptable from a leader like Sushma Swaraj. India should maintain good relations with Pakistan and Bangladesh. If Pakistan and Bangladesh are in trouble then it will impact the interests of India also," he said.
Biswas said he did not see any political gameplan on the part of the Congress in the hanging of Guru.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez