Thousands attend funeral procession of slain MLA
Kolkata: Thousands of Left Front workers
Thursday joined the funeral procession of former CPI-M MLA Pradip Tah, who was killed in an attack in Burdwan town of West
Tah`s body, brought to the city from Burdwan last night,
was taken to the CPI-M headquarters in the city where former
Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee, Left Front chairman Biman Bose, CPI state secretary Manju Majumdar, RSP leaders Debabrata Banerjee, Kshiti Goswami and a host of other leaders placed wreathes on the body.
The body, wrapped in a red flag, was taken to the DYFI,
youth wing of the CPI-M office on way to the Assembly house.
A 12-hour bandh is being observed in Burdwan district
to protest the killing of Tah and Kamal Gayen, CPI-M
district secretary, at Dewandighi in Burdwan town yesterday.
Burdwan Police said shops were closed, transport was thin
on the roads. However, essential services were exempted from
the purview of the bandh.
Tah`s body will be taken to the leader`s ancestral house
today for final rites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video