Thousands attend funeral procession of slain MLA
Kolkata: Thousands of Left Front workers
Thursday joined the funeral procession of former CPI-M MLA Pradip Tah, who was killed in an attack in Burdwan town of West
Tah`s body, brought to the city from Burdwan last night,
was taken to the CPI-M headquarters in the city where former
Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee, Left Front chairman Biman Bose, CPI state secretary Manju Majumdar, RSP leaders Debabrata Banerjee, Kshiti Goswami and a host of other leaders placed wreathes on the body.
The body, wrapped in a red flag, was taken to the DYFI,
youth wing of the CPI-M office on way to the Assembly house.
A 12-hour bandh is being observed in Burdwan district
to protest the killing of Tah and Kamal Gayen, CPI-M
district secretary, at Dewandighi in Burdwan town yesterday.
Burdwan Police said shops were closed, transport was thin
on the roads. However, essential services were exempted from
the purview of the bandh.
Tah`s body will be taken to the leader`s ancestral house
today for final rites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test