TMC will maintain equal distance from Congress, BJP
Kolkata: With union minister Jairam Ramesh ruling out an alliance with the Trinamool Congress in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, senior TMC leader Subrata Mukherjee on Wednesday said that his party would maintain equal distance from both the Congress and the BJP.
"We will keep a 1000 km distance from both the Congress and the BJP. We have contested elections alone and our position is well established in election results. We will contest alone which the people want," Mukherjee, the panchayat minister, told reporters here.
He claimed that Ramesh`s remarks ruling out alliance with the TMC was not in tune with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s contention.
"Perhaps he has said that without knowing or he has a quarrel with the Prime Minister. The Prime Minister has said that in politics all doors remain open, while he (Ramesh) is saying something else," Mukherjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’