Trinamool Congress state committee revamped
Kolkata: In a bid to include all sections in
its fold with an eye to the 2011 West Bengal assembly polls,
Trinamool Congress(TC) chief Mamata Banerjee reconstituted the
West Bengal party unit on Wednesday inducting members from Muslim
community and Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes .
While Subrata Buxi will continue to be the state party
president, the committee will have 29 vice-presidents,
including two retired IPS officers - Sultan Singh and Rachpal
Sudip Bandopadhyay, TC chief whip in Parliament, Abu
Ayesh Mondal, a former CPI(M) MP, and minority leader Javed
Khan were among the other vice presidents.
Rukbanur Rahman, the brother of computer graphic designer
Rizwanur Rahman who died under mysterious circumstances, is
one of the general secretaries, the sources said.
Among the other general secretaries are actress-turned-TC
MP Shatabdi Roy and the party`s all-India youth wing chief
Madan Mitra besides Tapas Roy, a youth leader.
Nuruzzaman was made the chief of the TC minority cell and
Purnendu Bose the head of the party`s labour wing. TC MP
Subhendu Adhikari has been made the chief of the state youth
A new post of Secretary-General has been created with
Partha Chatterjee, Leader of the Opposition in the state and
considered close to Mamata filling the slot. He was the
general secretary of the party so long.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- LeT chief Lakhvi`s son was gunned down by Indian troops in Kashmir: David Headley