Trinamool Congress suspends Kunal Ghosh, rebel MP says have been ‘punished without trial’
Zee Media Bureau
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress on Saturday suspended Rajya Sabha MP Kunal Ghosh from the party on disciplinary grounds, party’s general secretary Partha Chatterjee said.
Chatterjee said that despite several warnings and a show cause notice by the party, Ghosh continued to indulge in anti-party activities and speak against TMC which led to his suspension.
Reacting to the news of suspension, Ghosh said that he was not given any chance to express his views on the issue and he has been “punished without a trial”. He further said that Trinamool chief Mamata Banerjee will always be his leader.
The suspended MP called asked the party to set up an inquiry commission. “I will cooperate in any enquiry against me and will give answers my best in any show cause notice issued against me. However, I have not received any show cause notice so far.”
The party took the decision against a dissident MLA and decided to suspend Ghosh in September 27 meeting, Chatterjee added.
Ghosh had earlier threatened making the connection between the party and the Sarada chit fund scam public. He has already been interrogated twice by the police in the Sarada Group scandal and had warned that if he gets arrested then he will be forced to reveal certain ‘facts’.
The decision to suspend Ghosh was taken after he spoke against the party during an event on September 20 and said that he was being made a scapegoat. Lok Sabha members Tapas Pal and Satabdi Roy also made their complaints against the party.
The outburst by Ghosh put Trinamool Congress in an embarrassing position after allegations were made that several senior party leaders are also involved in the scam.
Show cause notices were issued to all the three leaders following which Pal and Roy apologized.
However, Ghosh did not even reply to the letter and continued with his anti-party stance, Chatterjee said.
(With Agencies Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack