Trinamool Congress suspends Kunal Ghosh, rebel MP says have been ‘punished without trial’
Zee Media Bureau
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress on Saturday suspended Rajya Sabha MP Kunal Ghosh from the party on disciplinary grounds, party’s general secretary Partha Chatterjee said.
Chatterjee said that despite several warnings and a show cause notice by the party, Ghosh continued to indulge in anti-party activities and speak against TMC which led to his suspension.
Reacting to the news of suspension, Ghosh said that he was not given any chance to express his views on the issue and he has been “punished without a trial”. He further said that Trinamool chief Mamata Banerjee will always be his leader.
The suspended MP called asked the party to set up an inquiry commission. “I will cooperate in any enquiry against me and will give answers my best in any show cause notice issued against me. However, I have not received any show cause notice so far.”
The party took the decision against a dissident MLA and decided to suspend Ghosh in September 27 meeting, Chatterjee added.
Ghosh had earlier threatened making the connection between the party and the Sarada chit fund scam public. He has already been interrogated twice by the police in the Sarada Group scandal and had warned that if he gets arrested then he will be forced to reveal certain ‘facts’.
The decision to suspend Ghosh was taken after he spoke against the party during an event on September 20 and said that he was being made a scapegoat. Lok Sabha members Tapas Pal and Satabdi Roy also made their complaints against the party.
The outburst by Ghosh put Trinamool Congress in an embarrassing position after allegations were made that several senior party leaders are also involved in the scam.
Show cause notices were issued to all the three leaders following which Pal and Roy apologized.
However, Ghosh did not even reply to the letter and continued with his anti-party stance, Chatterjee said.
(With Agencies Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt