`Trinamool govt filing false cases against Cong workers`
Kolkata/Baharampore: Protesting against Trinamool Congress government "filing false cases" against its workers, Congress has called a 12-hour bandh in Murshidabad district on February 13.
"We have received several complaints from various parts of the state that they (state government) are filing false cases against state Congress workers. It is nothing but a vindictive attitude of the government. We condemn such attitude," AICC general secretary in charge of West Bengal Shakeel Ahmed today said.
Union Minister Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury also alleged that Congress workers were being slapped with false cases in Murshidabad district, where the party has its best organisation in the state.
The party has given a 12-hour bandh call on February 13 in Murshidabad district, which witnessed violence by the party`s workers at the DM`s office in the presence of Chowdhury last week.
The bandh was called to protest against alleged false cases slapped against 1200 Congress workers, including himself, Chowdhury, also the district Congress committee president, told a press conference at Baharampore, the district headquarter of Murshidabad.
Ahmed and state Congress president Pradip Bhattacharya extended their support to the bandh call.
Congress workers went on the rampage and vandalised the DM Rajiv Kumar`s office on February 7 when he declined to accept their memorandum on the alleged custodial death of a party worker and demanding punishment of the policemen concerned policemen. The memorandum also demanded a CBI inquiry into the custodial death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars