`Trinamool govt filing false cases against Cong workers`
Kolkata/Baharampore: Protesting against Trinamool Congress government "filing false cases" against its workers, Congress has called a 12-hour bandh in Murshidabad district on February 13.
"We have received several complaints from various parts of the state that they (state government) are filing false cases against state Congress workers. It is nothing but a vindictive attitude of the government. We condemn such attitude," AICC general secretary in charge of West Bengal Shakeel Ahmed today said.
Union Minister Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury also alleged that Congress workers were being slapped with false cases in Murshidabad district, where the party has its best organisation in the state.
The party has given a 12-hour bandh call on February 13 in Murshidabad district, which witnessed violence by the party`s workers at the DM`s office in the presence of Chowdhury last week.
The bandh was called to protest against alleged false cases slapped against 1200 Congress workers, including himself, Chowdhury, also the district Congress committee president, told a press conference at Baharampore, the district headquarter of Murshidabad.
Ahmed and state Congress president Pradip Bhattacharya extended their support to the bandh call.
Congress workers went on the rampage and vandalised the DM Rajiv Kumar`s office on February 7 when he declined to accept their memorandum on the alleged custodial death of a party worker and demanding punishment of the policemen concerned policemen. The memorandum also demanded a CBI inquiry into the custodial death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder