`Trinamool govt filing false cases against Cong workers`
Kolkata/Baharampore: Protesting against Trinamool Congress government "filing false cases" against its workers, Congress has called a 12-hour bandh in Murshidabad district on February 13.
"We have received several complaints from various parts of the state that they (state government) are filing false cases against state Congress workers. It is nothing but a vindictive attitude of the government. We condemn such attitude," AICC general secretary in charge of West Bengal Shakeel Ahmed today said.
Union Minister Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury also alleged that Congress workers were being slapped with false cases in Murshidabad district, where the party has its best organisation in the state.
The party has given a 12-hour bandh call on February 13 in Murshidabad district, which witnessed violence by the party`s workers at the DM`s office in the presence of Chowdhury last week.
The bandh was called to protest against alleged false cases slapped against 1200 Congress workers, including himself, Chowdhury, also the district Congress committee president, told a press conference at Baharampore, the district headquarter of Murshidabad.
Ahmed and state Congress president Pradip Bhattacharya extended their support to the bandh call.
Congress workers went on the rampage and vandalised the DM Rajiv Kumar`s office on February 7 when he declined to accept their memorandum on the alleged custodial death of a party worker and demanding punishment of the policemen concerned policemen. The memorandum also demanded a CBI inquiry into the custodial death.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference