`Trinamool govt filing false cases against Cong workers`
Kolkata/Baharampore: Protesting against Trinamool Congress government "filing false cases" against its workers, Congress has called a 12-hour bandh in Murshidabad district on February 13.
"We have received several complaints from various parts of the state that they (state government) are filing false cases against state Congress workers. It is nothing but a vindictive attitude of the government. We condemn such attitude," AICC general secretary in charge of West Bengal Shakeel Ahmed today said.
Union Minister Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury also alleged that Congress workers were being slapped with false cases in Murshidabad district, where the party has its best organisation in the state.
The party has given a 12-hour bandh call on February 13 in Murshidabad district, which witnessed violence by the party`s workers at the DM`s office in the presence of Chowdhury last week.
The bandh was called to protest against alleged false cases slapped against 1200 Congress workers, including himself, Chowdhury, also the district Congress committee president, told a press conference at Baharampore, the district headquarter of Murshidabad.
Ahmed and state Congress president Pradip Bhattacharya extended their support to the bandh call.
Congress workers went on the rampage and vandalised the DM Rajiv Kumar`s office on February 7 when he declined to accept their memorandum on the alleged custodial death of a party worker and demanding punishment of the policemen concerned policemen. The memorandum also demanded a CBI inquiry into the custodial death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks