Trinamool list announcement an `insult` to Sonia: Adhir
Kolkata: With the Congress yet to take a
decision on the seats offered to it by Trinamool Congress for
the West Bengal Assembly polls, a senior Congress leader on Saturday
said the TC`s unilateral announcement of the candidates list
was an insult to his party president Sonia Gandhi.
"Is not (the unilateral announcement of candidates) an
insult to our party president Sonia Gandhi? What was the harm
if the Trinamool Congress had waited for two days?"
Murshidabad District Congress president Adhir Chowdhury said.
Describing the Trinamool Congress announcement of
candidates as a `deliberate design` to scuttle the poll
alliance and blame the Congress for it, Chowdhury said that
there will not be any alliance between the two parties in
He accused the Trinamool Congress of trying to make the
Congress irrelevant in the state and take all credit for the
ouster of the Left parties from power.
"If someone wants to suffocate us and thinks we will
allow that, it will not happen. This is my personal opinion.
Our party High Command may remove me from the party or take
away my membership of Parliament. I don`t care," he said.
Meanwhile, WBPCC chief Manas Bhuinya, accompanied by
some district Congress presidents, left for Delhi today to
discuss the issue with the party High Command.
Party sources said that Bhuinya is carrying a list of 90
seats which the party wants to contest in the assembly polls.
Yesterday, Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee
announced a list of 228 candidates, leaving 64 seats to the
Giving the Congress till Monday evening to announce its
candidates in the 64 seats, Banerjee said that if the Congress
failed to do so within the deadline, she would announce her
own list of nominees for those seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Vodafone launches unlimited free voice calling offer for prepaid customers