Two AMRI senior officials granted bail
Kolkata: A city court on Tuesday granted bail to
two senior officials of AMRI hospital, where over 90 people
died in a devastating fire last December.
District sessions judge of Alipore Sudeb Mitra granted
bail to Sanjib Pal and DN Agarwal.
A devastating fire broke out in the basement of AMRI
hospital`s seven-storied centrally air-conditioned annexe
building in the early hours of December 9.
More than 90 people, most of them patients, were
suffocated to death from poisonous smoke that entered the
floors through the AC ducts.
Of the 13 people - nine directors and four employees -
arrested on charge of culpable homicide not amounting to
murder, 11 have so far been enlarged on bail.
Three other accused directors of the hospital are
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America