Two AMRI senior officials granted bail
Kolkata: A city court on Tuesday granted bail to
two senior officials of AMRI hospital, where over 90 people
died in a devastating fire last December.
District sessions judge of Alipore Sudeb Mitra granted
bail to Sanjib Pal and DN Agarwal.
A devastating fire broke out in the basement of AMRI
hospital`s seven-storied centrally air-conditioned annexe
building in the early hours of December 9.
More than 90 people, most of them patients, were
suffocated to death from poisonous smoke that entered the
floors through the AC ducts.
Of the 13 people - nine directors and four employees -
arrested on charge of culpable homicide not amounting to
murder, 11 have so far been enlarged on bail.
Three other accused directors of the hospital are
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog