Two arrested in connection with bomb attack on UP Minister
Lucknow: Two persons were arrested on Thursday in
connection with the bomb attack on UP minister Nand Gopal
Gupta Nandi earlier this year, a top police official said.
"Prem Sagar Pandey and Yagya Narain Misra were arrested
in Mumbai by Special Task Force of UP Police in connection
with the attack. They were carrying a cash reward of Rs 10,000
on their head," ADG (Law and Order) Brij Lal said.
A sub-inspector, Bhrigunath Misra, is also being
questioned, he said, adding that the duo would be produced in
the court to seek transit remand to Allahabad.
Pandey and Mishra had gone to Mumbai with Mishra, the ADG
said, adding that preliminary investigations revealed that the
duo had lent logistic support.
Minister for Institutional Finance Nand Gopal Gupta Nandi
had suffered serious injuries in an explosion near his
residence in Allahabad on July 12. A journalist was also
killed in the blast.
The names of the arrested duo cropped up during
questioning of Purshottam Dubey and Anand Shandaliya alias
Rajesh Pilot, who were arrested in Mumbai in October in
connection with the case, Lal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'