Two arrested in connection with bomb attack on UP Minister
Lucknow: Two persons were arrested on Thursday in
connection with the bomb attack on UP minister Nand Gopal
Gupta Nandi earlier this year, a top police official said.
"Prem Sagar Pandey and Yagya Narain Misra were arrested
in Mumbai by Special Task Force of UP Police in connection
with the attack. They were carrying a cash reward of Rs 10,000
on their head," ADG (Law and Order) Brij Lal said.
A sub-inspector, Bhrigunath Misra, is also being
questioned, he said, adding that the duo would be produced in
the court to seek transit remand to Allahabad.
Pandey and Mishra had gone to Mumbai with Mishra, the ADG
said, adding that preliminary investigations revealed that the
duo had lent logistic support.
Minister for Institutional Finance Nand Gopal Gupta Nandi
had suffered serious injuries in an explosion near his
residence in Allahabad on July 12. A journalist was also
killed in the blast.
The names of the arrested duo cropped up during
questioning of Purshottam Dubey and Anand Shandaliya alias
Rajesh Pilot, who were arrested in Mumbai in October in
connection with the case, Lal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?