Two arrested in connection with bomb attack on UP Minister
Lucknow: Two persons were arrested on Thursday in
connection with the bomb attack on UP minister Nand Gopal
Gupta Nandi earlier this year, a top police official said.
"Prem Sagar Pandey and Yagya Narain Misra were arrested
in Mumbai by Special Task Force of UP Police in connection
with the attack. They were carrying a cash reward of Rs 10,000
on their head," ADG (Law and Order) Brij Lal said.
A sub-inspector, Bhrigunath Misra, is also being
questioned, he said, adding that the duo would be produced in
the court to seek transit remand to Allahabad.
Pandey and Mishra had gone to Mumbai with Mishra, the ADG
said, adding that preliminary investigations revealed that the
duo had lent logistic support.
Minister for Institutional Finance Nand Gopal Gupta Nandi
had suffered serious injuries in an explosion near his
residence in Allahabad on July 12. A journalist was also
killed in the blast.
The names of the arrested duo cropped up during
questioning of Purshottam Dubey and Anand Shandaliya alias
Rajesh Pilot, who were arrested in Mumbai in October in
connection with the case, Lal said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan