Two gangmen crushed under train near Gangapur
Burdwan (WB): Two gangmen on duty were today run over and killed by a speeding train near Gangpur railway station, about five km from here, Government Railway Police sources said.
Bachhu Yadav (48) and Ramakanta Roy (43) were hit by the down Shipra Express when they were working on the railway tracks. Both died on the spot.
A local railway union has demanded immediate appointment of watchmen, who would oversee movement of trains while gangmen are at work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city