Two gangmen crushed under train near Gangapur
Burdwan (WB): Two gangmen on duty were today run over and killed by a speeding train near Gangpur railway station, about five km from here, Government Railway Police sources said.
Bachhu Yadav (48) and Ramakanta Roy (43) were hit by the down Shipra Express when they were working on the railway tracks. Both died on the spot.
A local railway union has demanded immediate appointment of watchmen, who would oversee movement of trains while gangmen are at work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- WOAH! Gautam Gambhir absolutely destroys Ravi Shastri - Here are his scathing comments
- Unsure if monetary policy panel to set rates in August: Raghuram Rajan
- German Bakery blast: Maha Govt. challenges Bombay HC order in SC
- Chinese woman gives birth to a baby girl from embryo frozen 18 years ago
- Spirituality helps you transform into a better human – Here’s how