Two legislators, Shibu Soren`s brother join Trinamool
Ranchi: Two legislators supporting Hemant Soren government in Jharkhand and the brother of the ruling JMM`s chief Shibu Soren joined Trinamool Congress here Monday.
Bandu Tirkey of Jharkhand Janadhikar Manch and Chamra Linha of the Rashtriya Kalyan Pakshya announced the merger of their parties with Trinamool at a function attended by the party`s general secretary Mukul Roy.
"After the merger we have two members in the state assembly of Jharkhand," Roy told reporters.
The two legislators however said they will continue to support the government.
"We will continue to support the Soren government. We will request assembly Speaker Shashank Sekhar Bhokta to allot us separate seats," Tirkey told reporters.
Shibu Soren`s younger brother Lalu Soren also joined the Mamata Banerjee-led party. He may fight the Lok Sabha poll against his brother from the Dumka constituency.
The Trinamool has no presence in Jharkhand and is trying to make its foothold in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons