Want Mamata in UPA, but no problem if she leaves: WB Congress chief
Kolkata: Stressing that Trinamool Congress can oppose and offer its own proposals even while staying in the union government, West Bengal state Congress chief Pradip Bhattacharjee Sunday said there will be no problem to its stability if Trinamool decides to quit.
Bhattacharjee`s comment comes at a point when Trinamool Congress is planning to take a "hard decision" if the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance government does not roll back the twin decisions of retail FDI and diesel price hike within a 72-hour deadline, ending Monday.
"We want Trinamool to stay both in the cabinet and in the government. They can oppose and can offer their own proposals by staying in the government also, for that they don`t need to leave the government," said Bhattacharjee.
Trinamool supremo and Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Saturday warned the Congress to roll back the twin "anti-people" polices of FDI in retail and the diesel price hike or face "hard decisions".
Bhattacharjee made light of her threats.
"And even after so much persuasion, if they decide to leave (the government), they can do it. We don`t have any problem," he said.
Trinamool has 19 MPs in the Lok Sabha and six ministers in the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday