WB: Buddha, Biman participate in Left Front rally
Kolkata: Former West Bengal Chief Minister
Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee and Left Front chairman Biman Bose
on Sunday participated in a rally in support of the Front
candidate for by-election to the South Kolkata Lok Sabha
constituency which fell vacant following election of Chief
Minister Mamata Banerjee to the Assembly.
The rally in support of CPI(M)`s Ritobroto
Bhattacharya was taken out in Behala, a Trinamool Congress
While CPI(M) and other Front supporters walked in the
rally, Bhattacharjee stood on a Gypsy as the rally, starting
at Ajanta Cinema, went to Thakurpukur in the southern
outskirts of the city.
The by-election to the prestigious South Kolkata seat
is scheduled to be held on November 30.
The seat was held by Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata
Banerjee since 1991 and fell vacant after she resigned as a
member of the South Kolkata seat on October eight.
Subroto Bakshi is the Trinamool Congress candidate for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!