WB: Buddha, Biman participate in Left Front rally
Kolkata: Former West Bengal Chief Minister
Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee and Left Front chairman Biman Bose
on Sunday participated in a rally in support of the Front
candidate for by-election to the South Kolkata Lok Sabha
constituency which fell vacant following election of Chief
Minister Mamata Banerjee to the Assembly.
The rally in support of CPI(M)`s Ritobroto
Bhattacharya was taken out in Behala, a Trinamool Congress
While CPI(M) and other Front supporters walked in the
rally, Bhattacharjee stood on a Gypsy as the rally, starting
at Ajanta Cinema, went to Thakurpukur in the southern
outskirts of the city.
The by-election to the prestigious South Kolkata seat
is scheduled to be held on November 30.
The seat was held by Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata
Banerjee since 1991 and fell vacant after she resigned as a
member of the South Kolkata seat on October eight.
Subroto Bakshi is the Trinamool Congress candidate for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened