WB: CID begins probe into police firing
Diamond Harbour : The CID on Saturday began
its investigation into Thursday`s police firing that claimed
lives of two women at Nainan Mallikpara in Magrahat area where
a Left Front sponsored bandh evoked little response.
CID officials visited Nainan Mallikpara village in
South 24 Parganas district and started investigation into the
firing by police which followed after a clash with people over
illegal hooking, the police said.
The 15 policemen, including officer-in-charge of
Mograhat police station Ashish Das, were removed from duty
Meanwhile, a 12-hour Magrahat bandh called by the
CPI(M) led Left Front evoked little response.
While majority of the shops and markets remained open,
schools and other educational institutions were closed,
official sources said.
Public transport like buses and autorickshaws plied in
the area but in less number. Train services were kept out of
the purview of the bandh.
Describing the incident as "unfortunate", Chief
Minister had said the police should have taken more precaution
while handling the violence.
The CPI(M) had demanded a judicial inquiry into the
police firing, compensation and jobs to the next of the kind of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials