WB govt looking into giving land to Infosys, Wipro: Yechuri
Kolkata: Days after an ambitious IT
township project where Infosys and Wipro were supposed to set
up shop was scrapped following allegations of irregularities
in land acquisition, CPI(M) politburo member Sitaram Yechuri
on Sunday said the state government is looking into the matter.
The government is looking into the matter. "Let`s see if
in some way they can remain here," Yechuri told reporters
"We would have liked them (Infosys and Wipro) to be here
in West Bengal. The youth would have benefited, industry would
have benefited," he said.
On media report that Assam had expressed willingness to
allot land to Infosys and Wipro, he said, "We hope it does not
The government had formed a five-member committee to look
into the allegations of irregularities in land acquisition for
the IT hub.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...