WB govt looking into giving land to Infosys, Wipro: Yechuri
Kolkata: Days after an ambitious IT
township project where Infosys and Wipro were supposed to set
up shop was scrapped following allegations of irregularities
in land acquisition, CPI(M) politburo member Sitaram Yechuri
on Sunday said the state government is looking into the matter.
The government is looking into the matter. "Let`s see if
in some way they can remain here," Yechuri told reporters
"We would have liked them (Infosys and Wipro) to be here
in West Bengal. The youth would have benefited, industry would
have benefited," he said.
On media report that Assam had expressed willingness to
allot land to Infosys and Wipro, he said, "We hope it does not
The government had formed a five-member committee to look
into the allegations of irregularities in land acquisition for
the IT hub.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'