WB govt looking into giving land to Infosys, Wipro: Yechuri
Kolkata: Days after an ambitious IT
township project where Infosys and Wipro were supposed to set
up shop was scrapped following allegations of irregularities
in land acquisition, CPI(M) politburo member Sitaram Yechuri
on Sunday said the state government is looking into the matter.
The government is looking into the matter. "Let`s see if
in some way they can remain here," Yechuri told reporters
"We would have liked them (Infosys and Wipro) to be here
in West Bengal. The youth would have benefited, industry would
have benefited," he said.
On media report that Assam had expressed willingness to
allot land to Infosys and Wipro, he said, "We hope it does not
The government had formed a five-member committee to look
into the allegations of irregularities in land acquisition for
the IT hub.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list