WB govt to shelter Assam refugees
Kolkata: West Bengal would shelter those fleeing the riots in Assam and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s attention has been drawn to the violence in the neighbouring state, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said on Tuesday.
Stating that many people had crossed over to the state, Banerjee said "We will protect them and care for them They are our guests.
"I spoke to Prime Minister at the UPA coordination committee meeting," Banerjee said at the foundation day programme of the Trinamool Congress Chhatra Parishad here.
The chief minister claimed that she had information that some people were out to foment trouble in the state and warned them against it.
"I warn them not to play with fire. Don`t try to foment riots. I know who are behind the conspiracy," she said.
The Chief Minister said that attacks on minorities were condemnable, adding, "Hindus and Muslims are flowers on the same branch and we care for both."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what