WB: Poor visibility disrupts flight operations
Kolkata: Dense fog disrupted flight operations at the Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport here early Monday.
Airport sources said visibility dropped to 50 m between 5.30 and 8.30 am disrupting the schedules of several flights.
Air India and private airlines` flights to New Delhi, Mumbai, Port Blair and Silchar could not take off from here in the morning hours today, the sources said.
However, "Visibility conditions have started improving and it is now around 150m", the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air