WB: Poor visibility disrupts flight operations
Kolkata: Dense fog disrupted flight operations at the Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport here early Monday.
Airport sources said visibility dropped to 50 m between 5.30 and 8.30 am disrupting the schedules of several flights.
Air India and private airlines` flights to New Delhi, Mumbai, Port Blair and Silchar could not take off from here in the morning hours today, the sources said.
However, "Visibility conditions have started improving and it is now around 150m", the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH