WB: Scientist Partha Roy released from jail
Kolkata: Scientist Partha Sarthy Roy, who was in jail for the last ten days for launching an agitation against slum eviction, was on Wednesday set free by the Kolkata jail authorities.
He was released a day after the Alipore court in Kolkata granted bail to the scientist.
Roy was arrested by the state police during an anti-eviction movement at Nonadanga on the EM Bypass earlier this month.
Roy was arrested along with 68 others including the pro-Maoist Matangini Mahila Samiti Secretary Debolina Chakraborty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter