WB: Scientist Partha Roy released from jail
Kolkata: Scientist Partha Sarthy Roy, who was in jail for the last ten days for launching an agitation against slum eviction, was on Wednesday set free by the Kolkata jail authorities.
He was released a day after the Alipore court in Kolkata granted bail to the scientist.
Roy was arrested by the state police during an anti-eviction movement at Nonadanga on the EM Bypass earlier this month.
Roy was arrested along with 68 others including the pro-Maoist Matangini Mahila Samiti Secretary Debolina Chakraborty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what