WB: Scientist Partha Roy released from jail
Kolkata: Scientist Partha Sarthy Roy, who was in jail for the last ten days for launching an agitation against slum eviction, was on Wednesday set free by the Kolkata jail authorities.
He was released a day after the Alipore court in Kolkata granted bail to the scientist.
Roy was arrested by the state police during an anti-eviction movement at Nonadanga on the EM Bypass earlier this month.
Roy was arrested along with 68 others including the pro-Maoist Matangini Mahila Samiti Secretary Debolina Chakraborty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi