`WB to drive out Maoists from Jangalmahal`
Jhargram (WB): The West Bengal government
is determined to drive out armed men from Maoist-infested
areas in Jangalmahal and bring back peace, Trinamool Congress
MP Subhendu Adhikari said here today.
"Let`s see how many landmines and bullets these men
possess. We will drive them out and bring back those who have
fled in fear. Peace and harmony will return," he said
addressing a meeting of the Youth Trinamool Congress in
Without directly naming the Maoists, he said that some
people were bent on making the situation worse in Jangalmahal
by writing inflammatory posters and planting landmines,
thereby to scare away people.
"Our leader Mamata Banerjee cannot sit quiet after
people voted in her favour,`` Adhikari said wondering where
these people had been when innocents were killed at Nandigram
and Netai," he said.
He said he would undertake a padayatra in Jhargram
on November 12.
Senior party leaders Mukul Roy and Sisir Adhikary also
attended the meeting.
There was a scare before the start of the meeting
after a landmine was rumoured to have been found in the
Malwati jungle of Binpur. However, the police described it as
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened