WB: War of words between TMC, Cong
Kolkata: A war of words sparked off again between the Trinmamool Congress and the Congress in West Bengal with the former today accusing the latter of acting as a `sub-committee CPI(M)`.
"Earlier we used to say that Congress was the B team of the CPI(M). Now the Congress is acting as a sub-committee of CPI(M)," senior TMC leader and panchayat minister Subrata Mukherjee said at a rally on the anniversary celebrations of the party`s student`s wing.
Praising TMC supremo Mamata Banerjee for ousting the CPI(M) from power in West Bengal after 34 years, he said "Mamata has done what Pranab Mukherjee and Priya Ranjan Damunshi could not do."
Party Rajya Sabha member Kunal Ghosh said "UPA is not the sole property of Congress. We are in UPA-II.We will follow the coalition dharma. But we will oppose the FDI in multi brand retail and other measures that will hurt the common people."
On recent questions by state Congress leaders why the TMC continued to remain in the UPA if it opposed government decisions, he said it was in the coalition because the Congress did not have a majority on its own.
A rival celebration of the student wing of the Congress, a coalition partner in the state, alleged that the state had failed to deliver in its 15-month rule.
"The Mamata Banerjee government has failed to keep its pledge to the people in the last 15 months of rule, while there has been no let-up in attacks on Congress workers by Trinamool Congress," Congress MP Adhir Chaudhury said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145