WB: Woman Maoist leader arrested
Jhargram: A woman Maoist leader was on Sunday arrested during a raid at Gopiballavpur in West Midnapore district.
"Aduri Murmu alias Deepa was arrested during a raid at Prakendu village in Gopiballavpur. The police and joint forces carried out the raid after getting information that she was hiding in the village," SP Jhargram, Bharati Ghosh, said here.
The police claimed that Murmu was the `deputy commandant` of a squad of Maoist guerrilla led by Ranjan Munda.
A resident of Tentuldanga of Binpur, Murmu had fought a pitched gunbattle with security forces in the forests of Borsole and Mohulbani in West Midnapore district in February.
The police was in the lookout for her for quite sometime.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory