WB: Woman Maoist leader arrested
Jhargram: A woman Maoist leader was on Sunday arrested during a raid at Gopiballavpur in West Midnapore district.
"Aduri Murmu alias Deepa was arrested during a raid at Prakendu village in Gopiballavpur. The police and joint forces carried out the raid after getting information that she was hiding in the village," SP Jhargram, Bharati Ghosh, said here.
The police claimed that Murmu was the `deputy commandant` of a squad of Maoist guerrilla led by Ranjan Munda.
A resident of Tentuldanga of Binpur, Murmu had fought a pitched gunbattle with security forces in the forests of Borsole and Mohulbani in West Midnapore district in February.
The police was in the lookout for her for quite sometime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!