WB: Woman Maoist leader arrested
Jhargram: A woman Maoist leader was on Sunday arrested during a raid at Gopiballavpur in West Midnapore district.
"Aduri Murmu alias Deepa was arrested during a raid at Prakendu village in Gopiballavpur. The police and joint forces carried out the raid after getting information that she was hiding in the village," SP Jhargram, Bharati Ghosh, said here.
The police claimed that Murmu was the `deputy commandant` of a squad of Maoist guerrilla led by Ranjan Munda.
A resident of Tentuldanga of Binpur, Murmu had fought a pitched gunbattle with security forces in the forests of Borsole and Mohulbani in West Midnapore district in February.
The police was in the lookout for her for quite sometime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing