We are awaiting response from WB govt: SEC on panchayat polls
Kolkata: The State Election Commission is yet to get any response from the West Bengal government regarding the Calcutta High Court`s order on providing the names of 400 observers for the panchayat elections.
"The court had yesterday asked the state government to provide names of 400 observers from the IAS and WBCS executive cadre to us, and also the number of central forces, forces from other states and those from the state for poll duty by today. We are yet to get any response from the state government," SEC secretary Tapas Ray told PTI.
Meanwhile, the state government, which has decided to appeal against the High Court`s Friday order, said it would approach the apex court if a division bench uphelds the order.
"We will move the apex court if the division bench (of the Calcutta High Court) upholds it," Mukherjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Kaka called up for Brazil's Centenary Copa America squad
- I see every day as a new day: Virat Kohli on his dream run
- Facebook's new ad cookies targets everyone!
- After its cheapest ride offer, Ola now launches luxury rides
- Narsingh Yadav selection over Sushil Kumar for 2016 Rio Olympics was fair: WFI tells HC