We are awaiting response from WB govt: SEC on panchayat polls
Kolkata: The State Election Commission is yet to get any response from the West Bengal government regarding the Calcutta High Court`s order on providing the names of 400 observers for the panchayat elections.
"The court had yesterday asked the state government to provide names of 400 observers from the IAS and WBCS executive cadre to us, and also the number of central forces, forces from other states and those from the state for poll duty by today. We are yet to get any response from the state government," SEC secretary Tapas Ray told PTI.
Meanwhile, the state government, which has decided to appeal against the High Court`s Friday order, said it would approach the apex court if a division bench uphelds the order.
"We will move the apex court if the division bench (of the Calcutta High Court) upholds it," Mukherjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read