We are not involved in abduction of IB officer: Maoist leader
Kolkata: Refuting reports that Maoists had abducted an intelligence officer from Purulia district, their leader on Thursday denied a hand in the incident.
"We have come to know from the media that an intelligence branch inspector and a school teacher have been abducted, but we are not involved," a letter signed by Maoist leader Bikram, sent to the media, said.
Maoist leader Kishenji has also said that he had no information about the abduction of the two persons.
Claiming that the Maoists were being blamed for an abduction carried out by others, Bikram claimed it could have occurred "because of internal differences within the police."
It said that the Maoist were also "investigating" the matter.
Intelligence Branch Inspector Partha Biswas and his friend Soumyajit Basu, a school teacher, were kidnapped on October 22 from Ayodhya hills in Purulia district.
The police have given a mobile number 9051399183 and a telephone number 2214-5486 for information about the two, but so far there has been no response.
In the letter, Bikram warned of action against the police for allegedly engaging NGOs for collecting information about Maoists.
Alleging that the police were using the cover of NGOs for carrying out operations, Bikram said, "We would like to warn the police that such acts will invite strong action on our part."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah