West Bengal: Explosion in fireworks factory, 1 killed, 8 hurt
Tamluk (WB): A woman was killed and eight
others injured when a spark triggered an explosion in a
fireworks factory at a village in East Midnapore district
on Thursday, police sources said.
The woman, identified as Kalpana Maity, was killed and
eight others who were making fireworks were injured when a
spark from a lighted biri fell on the material they were
working with setting off the explosion at Payag village under
Kolaghat police station, the sources said.
The roof of the factory was blown away and three
neighbouring houses were damaged under the impact of the
blast, the sources said.
Among the injured who were admitted to hospital the
condition of three was stated to be critical.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state