West Bengal: Explosion in fireworks factory, 1 killed, 8 hurt
Tamluk (WB): A woman was killed and eight
others injured when a spark triggered an explosion in a
fireworks factory at a village in East Midnapore district
on Thursday, police sources said.
The woman, identified as Kalpana Maity, was killed and
eight others who were making fireworks were injured when a
spark from a lighted biri fell on the material they were
working with setting off the explosion at Payag village under
Kolaghat police station, the sources said.
The roof of the factory was blown away and three
neighbouring houses were damaged under the impact of the
blast, the sources said.
Among the injured who were admitted to hospital the
condition of three was stated to be critical.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested