West Bengal: Stalker pushes girl from local train
Burdwan: In a shocking incident, a 17-year-old higher secondary school girl died after being pushed from a train compartment, allegedly by a stalker, at Kalna in Burdwan district on Saturday.
Sujaya Basak, student of Samudragarh High School, was returning from private tuition to her Purbasthali home from Nabadwip in Katwa-bandel local along with four other girls when she confronted a youth, who had been stalking her for past several days, police said.
As the young man suddenly dragged her and pushed her out of the running train, Sujaya`s friends screamed but were threatened by the youth.
The frightened girls lodged a complaint with the GRP, Samudragarh while the youth escaped.
A GRP team, accompanied by the girls, found Sujaya in a pool of blood along the tracks and the girl was declared dead at nearby hospital.
A hunt was on for the absconding youth, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy