West Bengal: Stalker pushes girl from local train
Burdwan: In a shocking incident, a 17-year-old higher secondary school girl died after being pushed from a train compartment, allegedly by a stalker, at Kalna in Burdwan district on Saturday.
Sujaya Basak, student of Samudragarh High School, was returning from private tuition to her Purbasthali home from Nabadwip in Katwa-bandel local along with four other girls when she confronted a youth, who had been stalking her for past several days, police said.
As the young man suddenly dragged her and pushed her out of the running train, Sujaya`s friends screamed but were threatened by the youth.
The frightened girls lodged a complaint with the GRP, Samudragarh while the youth escaped.
A GRP team, accompanied by the girls, found Sujaya in a pool of blood along the tracks and the girl was declared dead at nearby hospital.
A hunt was on for the absconding youth, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Pakistan court indicts 6 LeJ men in 2009 Sri Lanka team attack case
- Haunting! World renowned pianist performs while floating in Arctic to save environment - Watch video
- There will be no conflict of interest when Anil Kumble takes over as chief coach, says BCCI secretary Ajay Shirke
- Sensex surges 237 points to reclaim 27,000 as UK votes on Brexit
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees to get full 6 months arrears in October