West Bengal: Stalker pushes girl from local train
Burdwan: In a shocking incident, a 17-year-old higher secondary school girl died after being pushed from a train compartment, allegedly by a stalker, at Kalna in Burdwan district on Saturday.
Sujaya Basak, student of Samudragarh High School, was returning from private tuition to her Purbasthali home from Nabadwip in Katwa-bandel local along with four other girls when she confronted a youth, who had been stalking her for past several days, police said.
As the young man suddenly dragged her and pushed her out of the running train, Sujaya`s friends screamed but were threatened by the youth.
The frightened girls lodged a complaint with the GRP, Samudragarh while the youth escaped.
A GRP team, accompanied by the girls, found Sujaya in a pool of blood along the tracks and the girl was declared dead at nearby hospital.
A hunt was on for the absconding youth, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users