West Bengal: Wanted Maoist couple held
Purulia: Two Maoists, a couple, wanted in the murder cases of two Trinamool Congress workers, were arrested on Friday from a forest in Purulia district.
Superintendent of Police C Sudhakar said Raju Murmu and Sujata Kumar were picked up from Onda forest located in the border of Purulia and Bankura districts.
The two were accused of the killing of Trinamool workers Jeetu Singh Sardar and Baku Singh Sardar at Bersa village in Balarampur area last year, Sudhakar said.
Suspecting that 52-year-old Jeetu Singh Sardar worked for the police, the Maoists strangulated him with an iron wire near his home on November 4. Baku Singh Sardar was shot dead along with his father on November 14.
The Purulia district court remanded them to two days police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan