West Bengal: Wanted Maoist couple held
Purulia: Two Maoists, a couple, wanted in the murder cases of two Trinamool Congress workers, were arrested on Friday from a forest in Purulia district.
Superintendent of Police C Sudhakar said Raju Murmu and Sujata Kumar were picked up from Onda forest located in the border of Purulia and Bankura districts.
The two were accused of the killing of Trinamool workers Jeetu Singh Sardar and Baku Singh Sardar at Bersa village in Balarampur area last year, Sudhakar said.
Suspecting that 52-year-old Jeetu Singh Sardar worked for the police, the Maoists strangulated him with an iron wire near his home on November 4. Baku Singh Sardar was shot dead along with his father on November 14.
The Purulia district court remanded them to two days police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read