West Bengal: Wanted Maoist couple held
Purulia: Two Maoists, a couple, wanted in the murder cases of two Trinamool Congress workers, were arrested on Friday from a forest in Purulia district.
Superintendent of Police C Sudhakar said Raju Murmu and Sujata Kumar were picked up from Onda forest located in the border of Purulia and Bankura districts.
The two were accused of the killing of Trinamool workers Jeetu Singh Sardar and Baku Singh Sardar at Bersa village in Balarampur area last year, Sudhakar said.
Suspecting that 52-year-old Jeetu Singh Sardar worked for the police, the Maoists strangulated him with an iron wire near his home on November 4. Baku Singh Sardar was shot dead along with his father on November 14.
The Purulia district court remanded them to two days police custody.
- DNA: Analysis of Mumbai's juvenile home sting operation
- DNA: Analysis of Mumbai's juvenile home sting operation - Part II
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- AFC Cup: Mohun Bagan, Bengaluru FC confirm knockout round berths
- Puducherry polls: AINRCs first list of 21 candidates includes CM Rangasamy
- Chopper scam: Willing to come to India and face probe, says AgustaWestland middleman Christian James Michel
- Pro-Afzal event at JNU: Kanhaiya Kumar, others begin indefinite strike against punishment
- Meghalaya CM's wife, Sangma's son file nomination papers for Tura Lok Sabha bypoll