10 killed in Nigeria pub shooting
Abuja: Ten persons were killed in northern Nigeria`s Plateau state when gunmen, who were dressed in military uniforms, stormed a pub in the village of Heipang and shot at customers.
The incident took place on yesterday when the attackers fired randomly at people in the pub and killed eight people on the spot, military spokesman, Capt Salisu Ibrahim Mustapha said here.
"Two others died on their way to the hospital," he said, adding that the assailants must have got their uniforms from any source since military camouflage is easily bought in the market.
However, the residents of the area think the army carried out the killing, an allegation Mustapha denied saying that the military was in no way involved in the massacre.
According to him, no military vehicle has been identified to have been within the place of the killing at the time of the incident.
The Plateau state has witnessed several killings in the past as Fulani Herdsmen battled with local Berom Christian community.
The area affected by the present killing is occupied mostly by Christians.
Islamic fundamentalist group Boko Haram has also killed several people in the state.
Early July, the sect claimed responsibility after 135 persons including a senator, Gyang Dantong and a state parliamentarian in Nigeria`s north central state of Plateau were killed during a funeral ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with India's first NBA player Satnam Singh
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra