102-year-old Filipino man becomes US citizen
Los Angeles: A 102-year-old Filipino man, who came to the US as a youth to pick lettuce, has become a citizen.
Only 27 people older than 100 have become US citizens over the past 50 years.
Joaquin Arciago Guzman was helped out of a wheelchair by his niece so he could stand during the Pledge of Allegiance at Wednesday`s naturalisation ceremony in Los Angeles.
The Los Angeles Daily News reports that about 7,300 others joined Guzman in the ceremony.
Guzman said afterward that he was happy.
He left the Philippines in 1918.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Afghan President calls for joint action against terrorism, condemns Istanbul attack
- West Bengal madrassa board wants vocational courses
- Rio Olympic 2016: IOA taking steps to nullify Zika virus threat on Indian contingent
- Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016: Check rajeduboard.nic.in for BSER/RBSE 8th board result 2016
- Cong MLAs, Rashid stage walkout from J&K Assembly