102-year-old Filipino man becomes US citizen
Los Angeles: A 102-year-old Filipino man, who came to the US as a youth to pick lettuce, has become a citizen.
Only 27 people older than 100 have become US citizens over the past 50 years.
Joaquin Arciago Guzman was helped out of a wheelchair by his niece so he could stand during the Pledge of Allegiance at Wednesday`s naturalisation ceremony in Los Angeles.
The Los Angeles Daily News reports that about 7,300 others joined Guzman in the ceremony.
Guzman said afterward that he was happy.
He left the Philippines in 1918.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje