102-year-old Filipino man becomes US citizen
Los Angeles: A 102-year-old Filipino man, who came to the US as a youth to pick lettuce, has become a citizen.
Only 27 people older than 100 have become US citizens over the past 50 years.
Joaquin Arciago Guzman was helped out of a wheelchair by his niece so he could stand during the Pledge of Allegiance at Wednesday`s naturalisation ceremony in Los Angeles.
The Los Angeles Daily News reports that about 7,300 others joined Guzman in the ceremony.
Guzman said afterward that he was happy.
He left the Philippines in 1918.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29