2 teams to probe Arafat`s death: Palestinians
Ramallah: A Palestinian official says French and Swiss investigators will visit the West Bank to conduct parallel probes into the death of Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat.
The French team is conducting a criminal investigation into Arafat`s death at the request of his widow Suha Arafat.
The Palestinian Authority invited the Swiss team to examine the remains of the longtime leader and determine how he died eight years ago.
The head of the Palestinian committee investigating the death, Tawfik Tirawi, said today the teams were coordinating their arrival date.
Suha Arafat had asked the Palestinian Authority to suspend any other probe or ensure that it was coordinated with the French investigation.
Suspicions of poisoning surrounding Arafat`s death emerged when a deadly radioactive isotope was recently found on clothes said to be his.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?