20 held for showing ballot slip in Maldives
Male: More than 20 people were arrested Saturday in the Maldives for showing their ballot slips after casting their vote in the presidential run-off, a media report said.
As many as 23 people have been arrested from various polling stations for displaying their mark on the ballot slips which is a criminal offence under law, haveeru online reported.
Police said that voting in most polling stations during the early hours was without any untoward incident.
The country is witnessing its second round of presidential elections in which opposition leader and former president Mohamed Nasheed is pitted against Progressive Party of Maldives (PPM) presidential candidate Abdulla Yamin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days