20 held for showing ballot slip in Maldives
Male: More than 20 people were arrested Saturday in the Maldives for showing their ballot slips after casting their vote in the presidential run-off, a media report said.
As many as 23 people have been arrested from various polling stations for displaying their mark on the ballot slips which is a criminal offence under law, haveeru online reported.
Police said that voting in most polling stations during the early hours was without any untoward incident.
The country is witnessing its second round of presidential elections in which opposition leader and former president Mohamed Nasheed is pitted against Progressive Party of Maldives (PPM) presidential candidate Abdulla Yamin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31