2,000 fall sick in Philippines relief centres
Manila: About 2,000 people have fallen ill at flood relief centres in the Philippines, an official said Friday.
They have complained of infection, fever, skin diseases and diarrhoea, Xinhua quoted Health Secretary Enrique Ona as saying.
The centres are located in Metro Manila, Central Luzon and Southern Tagalog.
Ona said steps were taken to supply safe drinking water, ensure clean toilet facilities and proper waste disposal at the centres.
Metro Manila and nearby regions were submerged in flood waters following the monsoon rains. At least 60 people died in the deluge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fishermen killing case: Accused Italian marine Salvatore Girone returns home from India
- Pakistan may seek India's help in curbing terror: Rajnath Singh
- Leander Paes-Martina Hingis pair enters 2016 French Open mixed-doubles quarters
- Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016: BSEB 10th Result 2016, Bihar Class 10th Result 2016 to be declared today on May 29; check biharboard.bih.nic.in
- PM Narendra Modi plays traditional Khasi drum in Meghalaya