30 injured as train derails at Chicago airport
Washington: More than 30 people were injured when a commuter train derailed Monday morning at the underground station of an airport in the US city of Chicago.
The accident happened around 2:50 a.m. when the CTA train jumped the platform and scaled an escalator at the Chicago O`Hare International Airport, Xinhua reported. None of the injuries were considered life-threatening.
The eight-car CTA train remains wedged near the top of an escalator used by commuters at the airport`s Blue Line terminal. Workers may have to cut up the car and remove it piece by piece, which could take 12-24 hours, according to CTA spokesperson Brian Steele.
All of the 32 injured were aboard the train and were taken to four hospitals, officials were quoted by Chicago Tribune as saying. Six people were listed in fair-to-serious condition and 26 in good-to-fair condition.
Blue Line Service to the O`Hare International Airport will be disrupted for most of the day. The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH