5 dead as Russian plane falls in Siberian river
Moscow: At least five people were killed
and several others injured when a Russian Antonov An-24 regional airliner with 36 passengers on board ditched in the
western Siberian Ob river Monday after its engine caught fire,
The Angara airline aircraft made a forced landing on the
river about 14 kilometres from the town of Strezhevoy in the
Tomsk region around 7 am local time, after its crew reported a
fire in the port engine and made a decision to carry out an emergency landing, RIA Novosti reported.
The police helped evacuate people from the aircraft
after it ditched.
The plane was en route from Tomsk to the city of Surgut
in the neighbouring oil-rich Tyumen region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'