5 dead as Russian plane falls in Siberian river
Moscow: At least five people were killed
and several others injured when a Russian Antonov An-24 regional airliner with 36 passengers on board ditched in the
western Siberian Ob river Monday after its engine caught fire,
The Angara airline aircraft made a forced landing on the
river about 14 kilometres from the town of Strezhevoy in the
Tomsk region around 7 am local time, after its crew reported a
fire in the port engine and made a decision to carry out an emergency landing, RIA Novosti reported.
The police helped evacuate people from the aircraft
after it ditched.
The plane was en route from Tomsk to the city of Surgut
in the neighbouring oil-rich Tyumen region.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference