5 dead as Russian plane falls in Siberian river
Moscow: At least five people were killed
and several others injured when a Russian Antonov An-24 regional airliner with 36 passengers on board ditched in the
western Siberian Ob river Monday after its engine caught fire,
The Angara airline aircraft made a forced landing on the
river about 14 kilometres from the town of Strezhevoy in the
Tomsk region around 7 am local time, after its crew reported a
fire in the port engine and made a decision to carry out an emergency landing, RIA Novosti reported.
The police helped evacuate people from the aircraft
after it ditched.
The plane was en route from Tomsk to the city of Surgut
in the neighbouring oil-rich Tyumen region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read