72 charged in probe of child sexual abuse network
Washington: Federal law enforcement officials say 72 people have been charged with participating in an online international network engaged in sexual abuse of children.
Attorney General Eric Holder and Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano say a law enforcement effort called Operation Delego (del-EGG-o) investigated more than 500 people around the world since the probe was launched in December 2009.
Holder and Napolitano say those charged were involved in Dreamboard — a private, members-only, online bulletin board created to promote pedophilia.
According to documents released in the probe, members traded tens of thousands of graphic images and videos of adults molesting children 12 years old and under.
At a news conference at the Justice Department, the attorney general called the criminal activity a nightmare for the children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what