72 charged in probe of child sexual abuse network
Washington: Federal law enforcement officials say 72 people have been charged with participating in an online international network engaged in sexual abuse of children.
Attorney General Eric Holder and Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano say a law enforcement effort called Operation Delego (del-EGG-o) investigated more than 500 people around the world since the probe was launched in December 2009.
Holder and Napolitano say those charged were involved in Dreamboard — a private, members-only, online bulletin board created to promote pedophilia.
According to documents released in the probe, members traded tens of thousands of graphic images and videos of adults molesting children 12 years old and under.
At a news conference at the Justice Department, the attorney general called the criminal activity a nightmare for the children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Watch video: NASA's SDO captures solar material bursting from the sun!
- Salaries to go up 10.7%, star performers to gain handsomely: Study
- Nico Hulkenberg brings one point for Force India from Hungry
- AFI asks IAAF for Olympics wild card for javelin prodigy Neeraj Chopra
- Seven lakh applicants for Punjab Police to face dope test