8 Belgian police injured in suicide crash
Brussels: Eight Belgian police motorcycle escorts were injured on Tuesday, five seriously, after a car plowed into them outside the royal palace in what officials described as an attempted suicide.
The policemen were waiting to escort the Qatari ambassador back from the palace when a car with Belgian tags drove into them, said a palace official who could not be identified under standing rules.
She added that the envoy was presenting his credentials
to King Albert II at the time.
Police spokesman Christian De Coninck said the
unidentified driver told officials he wanted to commit
Brussels Mayor Freddy Thielemans said the incident was
The policemen and their motorcycles were parked outside
the gates of the Laeken palace, a sprawling wooded compound on
the outskirts of Brussels, when they were hit.
Officials said eight officers were injured, five of them
seriously. One was reported in critical condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price