8 Belgian police injured in suicide crash
Brussels: Eight Belgian police motorcycle escorts were injured on Tuesday, five seriously, after a car plowed into them outside the royal palace in what officials described as an attempted suicide.
The policemen were waiting to escort the Qatari ambassador back from the palace when a car with Belgian tags drove into them, said a palace official who could not be identified under standing rules.
She added that the envoy was presenting his credentials
to King Albert II at the time.
Police spokesman Christian De Coninck said the
unidentified driver told officials he wanted to commit
Brussels Mayor Freddy Thielemans said the incident was
The policemen and their motorcycles were parked outside
the gates of the Laeken palace, a sprawling wooded compound on
the outskirts of Brussels, when they were hit.
Officials said eight officers were injured, five of them
seriously. One was reported in critical condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Five youth killed as car overturns on Pune-Mumbai Expressway
- AAP MP Bhagwant Mann writes to LS Speaker, seeks probe against PM Modi for jeopardising national security
- Boyfriend material! Five signs that prove he is the ideal one for you
- WWE Monday Night Raw results (July 25, 2016): Finn Balor earns shot at WWE Universal Title
- Mercedes to have petrol variants across portfolio in India by September