8 Belgian police injured in suicide crash
Brussels: Eight Belgian police motorcycle escorts were injured on Tuesday, five seriously, after a car plowed into them outside the royal palace in what officials described as an attempted suicide.
The policemen were waiting to escort the Qatari ambassador back from the palace when a car with Belgian tags drove into them, said a palace official who could not be identified under standing rules.
She added that the envoy was presenting his credentials
to King Albert II at the time.
Police spokesman Christian De Coninck said the
unidentified driver told officials he wanted to commit
Brussels Mayor Freddy Thielemans said the incident was
The policemen and their motorcycles were parked outside
the gates of the Laeken palace, a sprawling wooded compound on
the outskirts of Brussels, when they were hit.
Officials said eight officers were injured, five of them
seriously. One was reported in critical condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'