Abu Sayyaf co-founder arrested: Philippine govt
Manila: A Filipino who allegedly helped the Al-Qaeda network set up the Abu Sayyaf extremist group in the Philippines was arrested on Wednesday, a government spokesman said.
Abdul Basir Latip was detained at Jakarta airport and taken to Manila, said Philippine National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) spokesman Ricardo Diaz.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem