Actors, victims participate in UK press inquiry
London: An eclectic mix of celebrities, crime
victims and former police suspects will take part in a
judge-led inquiry into the state of Britain`s scandal-tarred
Lord Justice Brian Leveson said today that Harry Potter
creator JK Rowling, actors Hugh Grant and Sienna Miller,
Formula One boss Max Mosley, the parents of missing girl
Madeleine McCann and murdered schoolgirl Milly Dowler will
Leveson has been asked to examine the ethics of the
British media and to investigate improper conduct.
The group of around 46 people will give evidence on
alleged media intrusion into their private lives.
The inquiry was set up in response to the phone hacking
scandal in which journalists at News International are accused
of hacking into voice mails.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir