Actors, victims participate in UK press inquiry
London: An eclectic mix of celebrities, crime
victims and former police suspects will take part in a
judge-led inquiry into the state of Britain`s scandal-tarred
Lord Justice Brian Leveson said today that Harry Potter
creator JK Rowling, actors Hugh Grant and Sienna Miller,
Formula One boss Max Mosley, the parents of missing girl
Madeleine McCann and murdered schoolgirl Milly Dowler will
Leveson has been asked to examine the ethics of the
British media and to investigate improper conduct.
The group of around 46 people will give evidence on
alleged media intrusion into their private lives.
The inquiry was set up in response to the phone hacking
scandal in which journalists at News International are accused
of hacking into voice mails.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter