Actors, victims participate in UK press inquiry
London: An eclectic mix of celebrities, crime
victims and former police suspects will take part in a
judge-led inquiry into the state of Britain`s scandal-tarred
Lord Justice Brian Leveson said today that Harry Potter
creator JK Rowling, actors Hugh Grant and Sienna Miller,
Formula One boss Max Mosley, the parents of missing girl
Madeleine McCann and murdered schoolgirl Milly Dowler will
Leveson has been asked to examine the ethics of the
British media and to investigate improper conduct.
The group of around 46 people will give evidence on
alleged media intrusion into their private lives.
The inquiry was set up in response to the phone hacking
scandal in which journalists at News International are accused
of hacking into voice mails.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown