Actors, victims participate in UK press inquiry
London: An eclectic mix of celebrities, crime
victims and former police suspects will take part in a
judge-led inquiry into the state of Britain`s scandal-tarred
Lord Justice Brian Leveson said today that Harry Potter
creator JK Rowling, actors Hugh Grant and Sienna Miller,
Formula One boss Max Mosley, the parents of missing girl
Madeleine McCann and murdered schoolgirl Milly Dowler will
Leveson has been asked to examine the ethics of the
British media and to investigate improper conduct.
The group of around 46 people will give evidence on
alleged media intrusion into their private lives.
The inquiry was set up in response to the phone hacking
scandal in which journalists at News International are accused
of hacking into voice mails.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them